Brazilian hot sauce or the chilli sauce is a bottle that stays in everyone’s kitchen for a long time. Its like a pickle, you can use it whenever you are in need of it. Till then, you can store it in your pantry for as long as you need. It just requires to be stored in a water free place at a normal room temperature. Some typical Brazilian foods have this tasty sauce added in it.
This sauce can be used if ever any of your dish turns out to be less spicy and you want to get some amount of spiciness in your dish. At Carvalho and many other restaurants, have this sauce kept on the table for the guests who like to have their food little more spicy. With the recipe you will read below, you will get to learn how to prepare it and how to properly store it to rip the benefits for a little longer.
How to Make Brazilian Hot Sauce
Brazilian Hot Sauce Recipe
- 1 Cup Vinegar (Make use of White Vinegar)
- 1 and 1/4 Cup Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Qty Large Onion
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 5-8 Cups Tomato Puree
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 Qty Bay Leaves
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 Pinch Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Wash off your cayenne peppers and cut them into large pieces
- Take the onion and slice it into 4 halves
- Now, take a blender and transfer all the ingredients in this blend
- Blend all the ingredients and let it get blended until it delivers you a smooth paste
- Once the blending is done, your sauce is ready. Now just add the sauce in an airtight bottle and store it in your fridge.
If you are a fan of spicy food, then this paste is definitely for you. The amount of chillies in this blend decides the amount of spiciness you will get with this paste. You can easily blend or mix this paste in your solid or even the liquid foods to get the spiciness without losing the consistency of your recipe. This is one of the foods that people purchase and take away to store in their kitchen when they specifically visit to have Brazilian cuisine as a part of their holiday foods.
The above Brazilian sauce is visually attractive that you can prepare using red, yellow as well as orange chillies. You can have all the three kinds of chillies together or you can also add any one of them and enjoy the taste of it. It completely upon your disposal whether to use chillies or no.