A cold Brazilian coconut cake is something if once eaten you won’t forget the taste and will definitely want to have more of it. It is one of the typical Brazilian foods that is quite irresistible because of its amazing taste. The recipe is so simple that if you are a beginner in cooking or in baking then too, you won’t require many attempts to get a hold over the best tasting coconut cake.
The delicious taste of the combination between coconuts and sweetened condensed milk, makes it perfect for any kind of occasion. The cake is known as the ‘Bolo de Coco Gelado’, is super famously had in every corner of Brazil. You can have it as a part of your holiday foods or a frequently eaten dessert. You will still love it due to the taste of it.
How to Prepare Brazilian Coconut Cake
Brazilian Coconut Cake Recipe
For the Cake
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Flax Seeds
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
For the Coating
- 14 Oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 8 Oz Coconut Milk
- Take a cake pan of around 9 by 13 inches and grease it using butter
- Take a large bowl, add all the cake ingredients together into the bowl and mix them together
- Now, add this mixture into the pre-greased pan and let it bake for around 20 minutes or until the cake is prepared which you can know by inserting a toothpick into the cake and if the toothpick coms out clean, then your cake is ready
- Once the cake is ready, take it out and let it cool for sometime
- Take a small bowl, add in the sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk into it. Now, mix them well
- Now, take the cake and pierce the surface of it with a fork for several times and slowly drizzle the mixture from step 5 over the cake
- Now sprinkle the shredded coconut on the top of the cake and then serve it cold
You are ready with this amazing recipe. You can also cut the cake into medium sized rectangles or squares. Then cut the foil into square that are large enough wherein you can wrap the cake piece into it individually. This way, you can store then for several days in your fridge. It takes around 20 to 25 minutes to cook the entire dish. So, get ready to eat the delicious dish with this super easy recipe.